So, it’s been a month since my “I’m done” with dieting post. I made some commitments in the post – to myself, but I’m also holding myself accountable for my weight and my habits by being real with you.
How has the month gone?
- I haven’t lost any weight. That’s not good.
- I haven’t eaten fast food hardly at all. That is good.
- I have cooked healthy meals most of the time. Another win.
- I drink water only (except for my hot tea) most days until well into the afternoon. Again, good.
- But I still drank quite a bit of Coke Zero. Not good.
- However, it’s been 3 days since I’ve had any Coke Zero. Good.
- I still eat too many sweets. Not good.
- I started walking regularly (defined as at least 3 times a week). I don’t walk far, and the weather is not very cooperative, but I’m doing it. It ain’t pretty, but it’s done! Good.
- I’m not recording what I eat – and yes, I have an app for that! I just don’t do it. Not good.
All in all, I’d say I had an average month. The biggest problem I face is the sweet tooth thing. My husband – who has NO weight problem! – likes candy. He almost always has some around the house. And when I get crazy for sweets, I can almost always find it! Besides that, I made cookies once (I read an idea I thought was good – eat what you want, just make sure you want it enough to make it), and I still put sugar in my morning tea.
I will be visiting friends and family for much of February, so my goal is to hold steady and try to control the sweet tooth. But, I believe when I’m back home for the month of March, I’m going to do a sugar detox – just cut it all out cold turkey. I don’t know any other way to get the victory in this area. But I’m open to ideas! But that’s for March.
- I will continue walking, even though I’ll be traveling from the 8th to the 28th! Family!! Friends!!
- I will also start using the MyFitnessPal app.
- I will drink more water, and continue with drinking no Coke Zero. It’s hard!
- I will eat sensibly, even when I’m eating out.
Wish me luck, and share your hints!